Inspectional Services Protocol
REQUIRED PROTOCOLS FOR CONTINUED OPERATION
OF CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS TO
MAINTAIN A SAFE ENVIRONMENT
DURING COVID-19 STATE OF EMERGENCY
As per COVID-19 Order No. 13 issued by Governor Charles Baker on March 23, 2020 regarding Essential Services, construction projects are allowed to continue operations during the state of emergency but MUST do so in a manner which provides for compliance with social distancing protocols consistent with guidance provided by the MA Department of Public Health.
The following COVID-19 Guidelines and Procedures shall be implemented by the Project Manager/Licensed Construction Supervisor and reviewed with all construction employees and sub-contractors in order to prevent exposure and limit the transmission of the virus on the job site:
- Require sick employees, including managers/supervisors to stay home. If you feel sick, go home. If you see someone sick, send them home. Employees should seek necessary medical attention from their treating physicians.
- If any construction personnel exhibit symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, they must report this to their supervisor (via phone, text or email) right away, and be directed to leave the job site. The employee shall seek medical attention and not return to the job site until cleared by a medical professional.
- Prior to starting a shift, each employee shall self-certify to their supervisor that they have had no symptoms consistent with COVID-19 illness, have not had “close contact” with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19, and have not been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by their doctor or local public health official.
- All individuals on the job site must practice social distancing by maintaining a minimum distance of 6 feet from others at all times, including during breaks.
- Employees must wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer and avoid face to face meetings, utilizing conference calls or other technology when possible.
- All restroom facilities/porta-potties must be regularly cleaned and disinfected throughout the work day and handwashing stations must be provided with soap, hand sanitizer and paper towels.
- Commonly touched surfaces located on the job site, including in common/meeting areas, must be regularly cleaned and disinfected throughout the work day.
- Employees should be reminded to practice safe cough and sneezing etiquette and avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cut-resistant gloves or their equivalent, and the use of eye protection, are strongly recommended.
TEMPORARY EMERGENCY PROTOCOL FOR BUILDING, PLUMBING, GAS and ELECTRICAL INSPECTIONS
In an effort to continue to make sure our residential and commercial constituents are provided with safe and timely inspections during this public health emergency, the following are inspection protocols that will be implemented for Building, Plumbing, Gas and Electrical Inspections. These protocols will remain in effect until further notice and supersede any existing protocols during that time.
- Final inspections will be performed in unoccupied homes;
- No final inspections will be performed in occupied homes;
- Rough inspections will be performed in new homes;
- Rough inspections for kitchens, baths, and additions will be performed when social distancing can be maintained, proper ventilation is provided and no more than one property owner/contractor representative is present.
Rough and final inspections will be performed when social distancing can be maintained, proper ventilation is provided as necessary and no more than one contractor representative is present.
Any inspection that cannot be performed in accordance with the aforementioned protocols, for reason of practical difficulty, will be placed on a schedule list for follow up inspections at a date to be determined.
Please continue to visit this website for updates.