The Commonwealth of Massachusetts - Secretary of State Office provides up-to-date voter information. The Town of Braintree provides the following links as a community service. https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleifv/howreg.htm Please fill in all fields carefully.
The Town Clerk is in charge of elections and voter registration. In order to participate in local or state elections, you must be registered to vote. You may register to vote at the Town Clerk’s office. You must be 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen, and a resident of the Town at the time of the next election. Mail-in registration forms are available at the Thayer Public Library as well as the Town Clerk’s office. Or, use the following line to register online: Elections: Voter Registration Information (state.ma.us)
ELECTION DAY WORKER
Interested in becoming an election worker? Qualified applicants must be a registered voter in Massachusetts, be available to work elections throughout the year, be detail-oriented, reliable, alert, ability to use a table and/or laptop, follow directions and maintain a non-bias attitude toward candidates, questions and party positions.
Use the ELECTION WORKER APPLICATION FORMS link to obtain all required forms. Complete and return all forms to the Town Clerk's Office. Applicants will be notified three months prior to an election to determine their availability to work on Election Day.
NOTICE TO BRAINTREE VOTERS
Pursuant to M.G.L. Chapter 54, Section 24 and Chapter 115 of the Acts of 2020 Section 11 that public convenience and public health would be better served during the November 2, 2021 Local Election by continue the use of District Voting Centers whereby...
1) District 1A - Town Hall, District 1B - Flaherty School, District 2A - Hollis School, District 2B - Hollis School has been relocated to Braintree High School;
2) District 3A - Ross School, District 3B - Braintree Yacht Club, District 4A - Elder Affairs Building, District 4B - Morrison School has been relocated to East Middle School; and,
3) District 5A - Town Hall, District 5B Liberty School, District 6A - South Middle School, District 6B - Highlands School has been relocated to South Middle School on a temporary basis (December 31, 2020).
These changes are effective immediately.
Town Census / Voter Registration Confirmation Form
The Town Census / Voter Registration Confirmation Form is mailed out to the head of household each January and all citizens are required by law to respond. This confirms that the census / voter information is accurate or gives the opportunity for it to be updated.
Failure to respond to the Town Census / Voter Registration Confirmation will change the status of all "Active" voters in that household to "Inactive". All are encouraged to complete the Annual Census/Voter Registration Confirmation Form immediately upon receiving this document.
- What are the dates for 2021 elections?
- When is the last day I can register to vote in the next election?
- How Do I Register to Vote?
- When is the deadline for applying for an absentee ballot?
- How to Apply For an Absentee Ballot?
- Which Elected Offices will appear on the next Local Regular Election Ballots?