Community Outreach Unit
The officers of this unit are involved in the following programs:
- Internet Investigation - These officers investigate all computer related crimes, including but not limited to child pornography crimes, child solicitation, computer harassment, etc.
- Post Overdose Outreach - In partnership with the Norfolk County Outreach and Manet Community Health the Community Outreach Unit conducts follow up visits for all overdoses of Braintree residents providing resources, detox, treatment options and other assistance.
- R.A.D- THE RAPE AGGRESSION DEFENSE (R.A.D.) SYSTEM is a program of realistic self-defense tactics and techniques for women. The R.A.D. Course is a free comprehensive, women-only course that begins with awareness, prevention, risk education, and risk avoidance. After this, the system progresses to the basics of hands-on defense training. However, R.A.D. is not a martial arts program. Our courses are taught by Braintree Police Officers who are nationally-certified R.A.D. instructors.
- Junior Police Academy - This program helps develop the relationship between the Braintree Police and our youth. The program not only teaches the kids about how we perform our duties but also provides physical fitness and discipline.
- Middle School Drug Education- Officers provide a two day program aimed at 7th graders about the risks of drugs, alcohol and peer pressure.
- Annually the Community Outreach Unit participates in multiple events throughout the town with safety tables, K-9 demonstrations and numerous other public relations activities